Greg Briley was one of the first three employees at Etix, joining the team after a successful career at Ernst & Young. His background also includes time as Chief Financial Officer of a medical software company and a partner in a local Raleigh, NC, CPA Firm where he worked primarily with technology companies. Greg is a proud graduate of North Carolina State University–Go Pack!
1. You’ve been working at Etix since the company was first founded. What is the biggest change you’ve seen over the years?
The biggest change I’ve seen at Etix is the growth in the number of employees. There were only three of us in the beginning, and today, we have 94 employees and we’re still growing.
2. What’s the best part about working at Etix?
Getting to work with so many great people that are highly motivated and dedicated to making Etix a success.
3. What is your dream live event?
My dream live event would be to see the men’s N.C. State basketball team play in the NCAA tournament championship game, and win.
4. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
Jimmy Buffett at East Carolina.
5. What would you be doing if you weren’t working in ticketing?
Coaching AAU Basketball full-time, (I currently coach for my son’s team part-time), although it might not pay the bills.
6. What are the top 3 websites you visit everyday?
7. Do you have a favorite quote?
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are usually right.” – Henry Ford
8. What is your favorite city to visit?
New York City
9. Growing up, who was your idol?
David Thompson, of N.C. State Basketball.
10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to work with Travis.