About Ommegang Brewery’s “Belgium Comes to Cooperstown”
Location: Cooperstown, NY
Mission: An annual summer beer fest that celebrates the best in Belgian and Belgian-styled beers.
In 2004, Brewery Ommegang, located in Cooperstown, NY, organized the first Belgium Comes to Cooperstown (BCTC). The summer beer festival has become an annual tradition for Belgian-style beer lovers everywhere. BCTC isn’t a typical beer festival—it’s a weekend-long event complete with live music, a five-course VIP dinner, cooking contests, presentations and even camping. The event attracts more than 2,500 guests and 50 breweries. The theme of BCTC changes yearly to add to the excitement of the event. Previous themes include Spinal Tap, Planet of the Ales and The End is Beer. This year’s theme is based on the 90’s hit TV show about nothing.
- Provide a stable, scalable ticketing system for all online, mobile and point-of-sale transactions.
- Develop packages for different levels of participation in the festival.
- Allow Brewery Ommegang to focus on organizing and running the festival instead of worrying about ticketing.
- Used the Etix package feature to create packages for different levels of participation: VIP, General Admission, Festival Campout and Designated Driver.
- Used Etix’s Client Services team on-site for scanning and ticketing management.
- 100% uptime for Etix.com during festival on-sales.
- Attendance of more than 2,500.
- Smooth access control and crowd flow.
- Enjoyable attendee experience.
>> To learn more about how Etix can power your beer festival or live event, contact us.
*Image Source: http://brewyorknewyork.com/