About The Intersection
“We work with Etix for two primary reasons–results and reliability. Etix’s marketing team, Etix Connect, has enabled us to connect with our community and sell out shows. The team transformed our online presence in a way that helped us grow our fan database and develop fan loyalty. Further, as a Pollstar-ranked music club, we require a scalable system, one that we can trust for large on-sales, and Etix has never let us down.”
-Chad Verwey, Intersection Marketing Director
The Intersection/Etix Opportunity
- Create a fresh website optimized for ticket sales and mobile usage.
- Provide a stable, scalable ticketing system with convenient fulfillment options.
- Increase awareness of the venue and build engagement with fans.
- Built buzz through contesting and promotions (Effin’ Ticket Friday).
- Built prospect database through more contests, including a guitar giveaway with Guitar Center and Grand Rapids Griffins hockey ticket giveaways.
- Added “Buy Tickets” app on Facebook and drew attention to email signups to capitalize on social audience.
- An engaged Facebook audience–350+ new likes/week–Facebook is the number one referrer of traffic to the website (5,746 Facebook likes to 29,136 Facebook likes).
- Fresh website doubled the average number of monthly visitors in just a year.
- Increased open rates of email by 155 percent through contesting, promotions list maintenance and content that mattered to fans.
How A New Online Presence Helped The Intersection Reach New Heights
The Intersection worked with Etix and took full advantage of its marketing solution, Etix Connect. While Etix offered convenient fulfillment options for fans to find and buy tickets, the company’s marketing arm gave the club’s online presence a facelift so it could make the most of fan relationships.
Etix’s stable, scalable ticketing platform gave fans a safe way to purchase tickets. By offering valet parking and bottomless soda specials online in advance, The Intersection discovered a new revenue stream. At the same time, fans were able to better plan their experiences and save money.
Some of The Intersection’s biggest goals for the partnership were to increase awareness of the club and build engagement with fans. Etix’s digital marketing team kept these goals in mind as it re-shaped the venue’s online presence, including its website, social media and email marketing.
Etix Connect started with the core of any company’s online presence, the website. By optimizing The Intersection’s website for mobile usage and ticket purchases, consumers could easily purchase tickets from their mobile devices. And, with 34 percent of consumers making mobile purchases in 2012, making the mobile purchase process seamless led to even more conversions.
Etix Connect also worked with The Intersection to launch promotions, which built buzz for the club and grew The Intersection’s email database. One successful promotion ‘Effin Ticket Friday, also worked to increase email open rates and engage social media users.
In fact, The Intersection increased its email open rates from 9 percent to 23 percent and garnered more than 350 new likes a week on Facebook.
With a revived online presence and a way to grow fan relationships, The Intersection developed fans who were not only loyal to their favorite bands and musicians but also to the Intersection.
Want to learn more? Contact Kelly Henderson, Director of Client Marketing, or your Etix Sales Rep.